You are not logged in. Login or Signup
Home » Messageboard » Message 9583065 (Thread)

# You're doing it wrong
Also you're australian, do international students get funding for PhDs over there?
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 12:50, archived)
# typically not uni scholarships unless you're a top flight student
Thing is there are things where people have funds and want phd students.
check out csiro, they used to have a few of them

I can probably snoop around as well. send me a gaz and I'll do it when im not half asleep.
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:06, archived)
# Ta
Im probably going to do a M.Res this year, and gonna either look for graduate jobs while Im doing it, probably still be fucking hard to get one, or look for a PhD, but I'd rather do it abroad if I can get funding to.
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:08, archived)
# masters by research?
how long was the MEng? and what was the hons year (I'm trying to figure out what this is equivalent to in Australian terms)
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:13, archived)
# Yeah a one year Masters of research, it's the only offer I've got on the table at the moment
the MEng was 4 years, masters of engineering (but that was my undergrad degree)
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:15, archived)
# ah ok,
there's probably some stuff available, there would probably be more available after the MRes, particularly if you do well. Some research groups will be probably be willing to stump up money.
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:19, archived)
# I'll probably start looking at it once I know if Im doing the MRes or not
And then apply for shit and stuff.
Try and be a bit more organised then I was last year and actually get something sorted.
(, Wed 15 Jul 2009, 13:20, archived)